How to Use Your Breaks Wisely
A question many of you probably have on the brain is “How can I (or my son/daughter) best use my Thanksgiving or Winter Break to get an edge on my tests?”
Here are some ideas as we head into the fall and winter holidays:
- 1. Download and use free apps, including these grammar apps, or the SAT Question of the Day.
- 2. Take a practice test (if you are ready).
- 3. Work out of The Complete Guide to ACT English, by Erika Meltzer, Ultimate Guide to the Math ACT, or The College Panda’s ACT Math Workbook: More Advanced Practice By Topic.
- 4. Create a “missed math questions” notebook and start reworking the problems you have difficulty with.
- 5. Make or study your flashcards using the Leitner System.
- 6. And finally, perhaps the best use of your time: actually take a break! Rest, relax, and spend time with your family! It may do you more good than anything else to take the time to reset, both mentally and physically.